The Women’s Ministries Department serves as a facilitator to nurture, empower, and provide resources to help women tailor their ministries to the needs and interests of their local congregations and communities.
Twelve dedicated women, representing our area geographically and ethnically, form the Women’s Ministries Advisory Board. This group provides counsel and assists in dispersing our portion of the annual offering for women’s ministries in support of events and projects that will be a special blessing to the women in the local churches, as well as the Young Women’s Ministries Advisory Board, breast cancer awareness, the Congo Widows Mission Project, and the EnditNow (Abuse Prevention) Task Force.
We want to reach 85% of women in the Northern California Conference by 2020.
Objectives — This ministry seeks to:
- Foster spiritual growth and renewal among women.
- Affirm that women are of inestimable worth by virtue of their creation and redemption, equip them for service in the church, and offer women’s perspectives on church issues.
- Minister to the broad spectrum of women’s needs across the life span, with due regard for multicultural and multiethnic perspectives.
- Cooperate with other specialized departments of the church to facilitate the ministry to women and of women.
- Build goodwill among women in the world church that encourages bonds of friendship, mutual support, and the creative exchange of ideas and information.
- Mentor and encourage Seventh-day Adventist women, creating paths for their involvement in the church as they reach for their potential in Christ.
- Find ways and means to challenge each Seventh-day Adventist woman to use her gifts to complement the talents of others as they work side by side to further the global mission of the church.