Funds for Safety Projects
We have great news: the Union has funds open and available for our both churches and schools to be used strictly for safety projects that will positively impact employee safety. Some projects that would qualify are:
- Areas of uneven pavement, broken pavement, or walkways that create walking hazards.
- Broken or hazardous fixtures creating a variety of hazards.
- Safety equipment to prevent injury and enhance personal safety.
- Electrical hazards presenting danger of fire or a threat to personal safety.
- Broken or damaged glass and/or upgrades to safety glass in high frequency areas.
Attached below are the guidelines/instructions and form for the entity to fill out and return to the NCC. Once the NCC receives these applications, starting July 12, the NCC will then start considering and approving applications that the NCC will send to the Union. Applications will be looked on as a first come/first served basis. Applications will also be considered in light of authentic financial need, total applications, and buy-in from the church/school.
Resources for loss prevention during church activities and on location.
The education of children is an important undertaking that can be negatively impacted following an accident or other loss. These resources are provided to prevent: injuries, property damage and other losses at educational institutions.
Adventist Risk Management
ARM has provided a website with extensive resources for your church, school, or other entity for many prevention topics such as disaster planning, people and asset protection, travel and mission trips, cybersecurity, safety officer information, risk control plans, and more through a host of media such as webinars, videos, articles, and other publications. Visit the Adventist Risk Management website today to see what is available. Below you will find some highlights of those resources along with other pertinent information.
2021 North American Division Risk Management Initiatives
Our insurance provider is Adventist Risk Managment. They have resources that will help all managers, and entities.
When an incident, first aid event, trip or fall happens the the time to fill out the Incident Report form is right away. Document what happened using the Incident Report Form. Download the Incident Report Form or Medical Loss Form.
Permission, Consent, and Release Forms for Churches and Schools
Carefully read and review this church entity waiver.
Whether you are a volunteer or a missionary traveling on an approved activity of the church/school, or a NCC employee (or retiree) on a business trip or vacation, this coverage is for you.
Coverage is available worldwide
- Step 1: Download the Mission Trip Application and complete the form. (Click here for a Sample Travel Worksheet. Download the Travel Worksheet.) IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Minors traveling without parent(s)/guardian(s): Submit this notarized form to Risk Management PROMPTLY: The Letter of Consent to Travel.
- Step 2: Submit your mission trip application with the travel worksheet to the Executive Secretary's office for review. (Recommended submission is 4 months prior to travel).
- Step 3: Administrive Counsel will then vote on the mission trip application to approve or deny the trip.
- Step 4: Once the trip has been approved, please apply for the appropriate insurance below. (Be sure to apply with enough lead time for all the steps in the process.)
Request for Certificate of Insurance - Do you have a special event or activity such as one of the following coming up soon: health fair, school picnic, clean up day, field trip to a cargo ship, other activity or special event that requires renting property and/or office and/or audio equipment? When we have these types of events, each venue may request a Certificate or Proof of Insurance from our insurance carrier. If you need one, please contact us.