The Office of the Northern California Conference Secretariat oversees and provides services in the following six key areas to support its mission.
1. Church Policies and Church Manual Matters
Provide counsel and advice to pastors and local church leaders regarding the SDA Church Manual and other policy matters
2. Church Planting
Oversee the church planting initiative and provide support to pastors, laity, and churches whose goal is to plant multiplying missional churches throughout Northern California.
3. Administrative Operations
- Maintain full and complete records of the proceedings of the Conference Executive Committee and NCC Constituency Sessions
- Approve and issue credentials and licenses to all eligible employees
- Process all travel requests for NCC workers and for overseas missions projects
- Countersign all papers and documents that require the Executive Secretary’s signature
- Administer and supervise the work of local church clerks relating to membership transfers, baptisms, deaths, etc.
- Compile and manage membership data for statistical reports
- Review and recommend the development of local church organizations to the Conference Executive Committee, such as branch Sabbath schools, affiliate groups, companies, and churches
- Oversee human resources for the conference.
4. Services and Initiatives
- Service Request
- Interdivisional Service Requests
- Mission Trips
- Travel Requests