For information and guidelines on hiring employees please see the Employment Guidelines Booklet.
Contact the Human Resources Department to receive the printed version by mail.
Always check the website for the most recent forms and documents to help in the employment process
STEPS TO HIRING AN EMPLOYEE
ASSESS YOUR NEEDS
· Decide what your entity needs (full/part-time, regular/temporary, etc.).
· Job Descriptions – HR will work with you.
· Wage Scale – HR will work with you.
· Budget – As a end result of creating the job description and wage scale, you are now prepared to budget for a new employee.
POST POSITION TO WEBSITE
· Advertise the position.
· Post either an ending date or “until the position is filled.”
· Direct applicants to download application from NCC Website. Go to www.nccsda.com/jobs.
· Accept applications.
· Conduct interviews with qualified applicants.
· Select a candidate and offer the position.
NEW EMPLOYEE PACKET
· Download new hire employment paperwork packet at www.nccsda.com/employment.
· Give the employee all necessary employment paperwork to complete.
· Be accessible to see the employee’s original documents provided, and then complete Section 2 of the I-9.
· Follow the checklist before submitting employment paperwork to HR.
· Complete the Personnel Action Request form using the information obtained during Step 1: Assess Your Needs.
· Have the employee sign his/her job description and submit with employee packet to HR.
· Human Resources – Employment paperwork is required and processed before being cleared.
CLEARANCE TO WORK
· A “Clearance to Work” notification will be sent once HR has determined the employee is cleared to work.
· Please note: The employee is not authorized to work until the “Clearance to Work” has been issued.
· Be sure the employee only works the amount of hours that have been authorized by your budget per the Personnel Action Request form.
· Over-time hours get counted into the yearly Look Back Measurement.
· Total worked hours may place your employee into benefit eligibilities that were not budgeted for.
· Time Sheets – Use only legal name and assigned job title. They must be signed by supervisor.